Wednesday 15 January 2014

Motifs Designs - Drawings (Part 2)



Sketchbook Drawing - Pigeon



I thought of using blocks of colour as a background, because I tend to work on white sheets of paper, with black fine liners, therefore, it always ended up black and white. I thought of adopting Egon Schiele’s drawing style, having unfinished pieces. In this drawing I thought of using different colours that I have developed in my colour palette and painting them into blocks, however, while I was trying to create the white wash effect, the paint bled and overlapped with the other colour, it was rather accidental in the process. I have a collection of found objects and I used the cork to create mark making.

 
Sketchbook Drawing - Tiger
 
I adopted a tiger through WWF, it is named Kamrita. Therefore, I been receiving letters about tigers, inside those letters are photographs of tigers, bookmarks and information about tigers.

I thought of how I can relate these letters to my project, so I started drawing them by using the photographs I received as a research base and I am planning to draw a series of tigers, by studying their movements.



 
I thought of using paper cut outs for my motif designs. However, after a conversation with teaching staff, some suggestions were made. When I use paper cut outs, I lose the quality of my drawings, because most of my drawings contain movement. Therefore, I will be more experimental with my use of media. Another suggestion was that I have a habit of working from the corner and this means that my drawings/ designs have been cut off. In motif designs, it is best to have a drawing or design with a shape of its own. For example, the bird skeleton has a shape of its own and is not limited by the paper. I will be more considered with my future work and think about the scale that I will be working on.

Over the holiday, I have been collecting found natural objects, and I developed an interest in their shapes. I started to use line drawings to create a design.

I plan to work on black material, such as black paper, use white paint and a paint brush to work with in my next drawing, because this way I can work out the negative and positive, and it would be clearer while working on screen-printing. In screen printing, if I were to design a drawing on to white paper with black pen, the black area is where the colour would be transferred to while printing.

No comments:

Post a Comment